Small Business Accounting Services
Guiding you to business success
Small Business – Big Dreams - Small Business Accounting
Small business owners have enough on their plate setting up and running their business to think about boring accounting. We get that!
That’s why our job is to take care of the dreary, essential, compliance stuff (which we do exceptionally well and actually enjoy doing) while helping you to make sense of your numbers so you can make better decisions for your business.
Whether you are just starting out or buying a new business; planning to expand and grow; or thinking about selling, we can help you with clear advice and understandable strategies that will save you money while ensuring you are legally compliant.
Our difference is that we care and love small business. That’s all we do!
Never Slip Through the Cracks with Us
One young small business owner was previously being looked after by a highly regarded, big accounting firm in Melbourne.
Unfortunately, because his business was so small, he kept slipping through their cracks. His lodgements were never done on time leading to significant fines and distress.
He came to us, and we were able to clean up his accounts, got all his lodgements up to date, had his fines and penalties remitted and put the steps in place to ensure his future obligations were done on time. He was ecstatic with result and now rests a lot easier knowing this side of his business is in order.
Start-Up & New Business Services
Starting or buying a new business is a flurry of activity. It can also be where dreams can rapidly turn into nightmares without the right foundations and advice.
We help you plan and set up your new business the right way.
- Business Structure – We work you through the various structures available and tailor a solution that fits your needs and delivers you the right balance between cost, tax effectiveness and asset protection.
- Business Planning – We help you set up a realistic business plan with achievable targets to help you get funding.
- Due Diligence & Valuations – Is the business a goldmine or a lemon? We help you find out before you buy.
- Setting Up Your Financial Systems – We know setting up your bookkeeping system is as exciting as a Sunday without coffee. We help you get it sorted quickly, correctly and accurately.
Once you are open for business, hitting a rocky patch, or planning to grow, we can help you to work out a clear path forward.
We help you to work out “what’s next” in a way that is sustainable, doable and creative.
- Budgeting & Cashflow – We help you work out realistic and meaningful budgets and cashflow forecasts to help you plan and manage peaks and troughs in your business. We help you find the untapped wealth in your own business.
- Profitability – Is your business leaking money? We help you find and fix profit leaks in your business.
- KPI Setting & Reporting – We help you turn rough ideas into tangible targets, and help you measure your progress towards those targets.
- Compliance – We help you comply with all ATO and WorkCover requirements including tax returns, BAS, GST, FBT, PAYG and all the other letters of the alphabet.
- Acquisitions & Mergers – Buying a new business or wanting to join forces with an existing business? We protect your interests and make sure every detail is taken care of.
Exiting Your Business
You have worked hard, and it’s time for you to retire or move on. How do you exit your business in such a way as to maximise your return and minimise your costs?
We help you with sage advice and savvy strategies, so your exit is graceful, financially sound and cost effective.
- Succession Planning – We help you plan and manage family succession planning or general succession planning so that the transition to the new owners are smooth and seamless.
- Winding Up Your Business – If you are closing your business, there are a raft of legal and other compliance things you need to do. We help you exit with the best possible outcomes.
- Retirement Planning – When do you want to retire? We help you plan your retirement to give you the maximum possible benefit.
- Capital Gains Tax – You’ve worked hard to build your business into something of value. Don’t let the tax man take more than his fair share. Talk to us about proven strategies to reduce the tax paid on your business sale.
Want to set a new course for your business?
Let’s have a coffee chat so you can work out if we are a good fit for you and your business.